- Mips equipped –MIPS stands for multi-directional impact protection system, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Fusion in-mold construction – a process pioneered by Bell that bonds the Helmet’s outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Coverage – extended rear coverage for additional protection while you ride.
- Fit system – lightweight fit system with an easy turn dial allows for a comfortable fit.
- Compliance – Complies with the U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older.
- Specifications – Recommended for Youth ages 8-14, but will fit most with heads measuring 52-58 cm. Important: always take a head measurement. Head sizes and shapes can vary, even within an age range. Using a helmet that does not fit can be dangerous.
From the manufacturer
What is MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, which is the leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts. Who knew your new BFF would be a yellow slip-plane.
How Does MIPS Work?
There are three main components: 1. The foam liner 2. The low-friction liner and 3. An elastomeric attachment system between them.
The liner dissipates force and the elastomeric attachments stretch to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around the low-friction liner and your head.
Although the MIPS system only rotates a few millimeters, that movement may reduce the amount of rotational force that could be transferred to your brain.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.