- [DURACORD ROPE]: Synthetic blend that is soft as cotton with durability of polyester. This rope is All-Weather and resistant to rot, mold and mildew. DuraCord is the densest rope on the market resulting in less stretch and increased support when relaxing.
- [OAK SPREADER BAR]: The spreader bars are hand-dipped in marine-grade varnish for exceptional look and longer outdoor life.
- [DOUBLE-LATCH WEAVE]: A lattice design were the rope pulls against each other eliminating the need for knots within the rope bedding. We use 15 percent more rope than most of our competitors providing a sturdier hammock bed for complete relaxation.
- [ZINC PLATED HARDWARE]: We plate all our hardware, with zinc to protect against rust and ensure an overall longer outdoor life.
- [HANDCRAFTED IN THE CAROLINAS]: Manufactured and assembled using the finest parts and industry leading techniques.
The Pawleys Island Hammocks story goes back to Carolina Low Country more than 130 years ago. Joshua John Ward, a river boat captain, simply wanted a good night’s sleep during sultry summers. He set out with some rope and wood, a little gumption and grit and soon fashioned what would become the basis for our company— the rope hammock—a hand woven bed, two wooden spreader bars, a clew knot with a ring for hanging the hammock. Pretty simple when you think about it.
DuraCord is the solution to the quest for performance yarns with the look and feel of cotton. DuraCord is constructed of man-made industrial yarn that has been augmented with ultraviolet inhibitors and further enhancements to prevent degradation from outdoor exposure; but it is virtually indistinguishable from cotton. It has fooled even the experts!
- Length: 13 ft. x Width: 55 in.
- Bed Length: 6 ft. 10 in.
- Weight Capacity: 450 lbs.
- Hanging Distance: 14-16 ft.
- Hanging Height: 4 ft.
- Accommodates: 2 people
- Includes: (2) Zinc-plated chains and (2) Tree hooks
- Care: Use Oxyclean or a Mild Detergent, Water and a Soft Scrub Brush
Large Original DuraCord Rope Hammock Collection
FEATURES / DETAILS:
- Solution-dyed synthetic blend rope that balances the softness of cotton with the durability of polyester. This combination makes the rope All-Weather proof and resistant to rot, mold, and mildew.
- Oak is naturally resistant to rot and insect infestation. The spreader bars are repeatedly hand-dipped in honey-gold marine-grade varnish for exceptional look and longer outdoor life.
- Individual ropes pull against each other to produce a lattice-like design, thus eliminating the need for knots within the rope bed itself.
- We plate all our hanging hardware, with zinc to protect against rust and ensure an overall longer outdoor life.
- Manufactured and assembled using the finest parts and leading techniques.
Handcrafted in the Carolinas
Manufactured and assembled using the finest parts and leading techniques.
Hand Woven using 100% natural yarns and precision twisting and balance. It has been handcrafted the same way for more than 130 years.
Oak Spreader Bar
Oak is naturally resistant to rot and insect infestation. The spreader bars are repeatedly hand-dipped in honey-gold marine-grade varnish for exceptional look and longer outdoor life.
Individual ropes pull against each other to produce a lattice-like design, thus eliminating the need for knots within the rope bed itself.
Our own proprietary solution-dyed synthetic blend of rope, DuraCord, blends the softness of cotton with the durability of polyester. Made in the Carolinas, this combination yields a rope that has excellent color steadfastness and superior feel. DuraCord is dyed when spun, producing a rope that is colored all the way through. Like a carrot when sliced open, DuraCord has the same color on both the inside and the outside. Our DuraCord rope is the densest rope on the hammock market at 85 ft./lb., this results in less stretching and increased support when relaxing in your hammock.
Oak Spreader Bar
A wood that is naturally resistant to both rot and insect infestation, and has oils that repel water, Oak blends both exceptional strength and a handsome appearance. Our Oak spreader bars are repeatedly hand-dipped in honey-gold marine-grade varnish allowing a longer outdoor life and exceptional good looks. Our Oak spreader bars are a full 1 inch thick, compared to most other competitor’s spreader bars that measure at ⅞ inch. A thicker spreader bar allows more holes for rope, allowing the hammock bed to sit firmly on the hammock. Our spreader bars also feature countersink drilled holes. Countersink drilling is a technique that uses a trumpet drill bit that produces a hole with no hard angles, allowing the rope to pass through without any sharp edges to wear the rope.
All our Rope Hammocks are Handwoven by highly trained weavers that have mastered the technique of the Double-Latch Weave. This technique is best described when individual ropes pull against each other to produce a lattice-like design, thus eliminating the need for knots within the rope bed itself. Hardware
We plate all our hanging hardware with Zinc Plated Coating, including both tree hooks that come standard with our hammocks. The zinc plated coating prevents the accumulation of rust and ensures a longer outdoor life. Our very own One-piece ring-knot and chain, a product of years of development, permanently attaches the chain to the O-ring. This produces a hammock that is more durable and most importantly makes it impossible to lose the chain.
Note: Don't worry if your own Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock at first seems a little shorter than its advertised length; your hammock will soon reach its full length through natural stretching from initial use.
|Overall Length||12 ft.||13 ft.||13 ft.||13 ft.|
|Width||50 in.||55 in.||60 in.||65 in.|
|Bed Length||6 ft. 2 in.||6 ft. 10 in.||6 ft. 10 in.||6 ft. 10 in.|
|Weight Capacity||450 lbs.||450 lbs.||450 lbs.||450 lbs.|
|Hanging Distance||12 - 14 ft.||14 - 16 ft.||14 - 16 ft.||14 - 16 ft.|
|Hanging Height||4 ft.||4 ft.||4 ft.||4 ft.|
|Accommodates||1-2 People||1-2 People||1-2 People||2-3 People|
|Recommended by the manufacturer||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.