- Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with support for extensive third-party apps (such as OBD Fusion, Torque Pro, Car Scanner, DashCommand) can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool.
- Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy.
- Works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (year 1996 or newer in the US, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles; may require special apps).
- Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed; connect in the app) & Android devices (head units not recommended). Easy to plug in and unplug. No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps.
- A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Comes with one-year replacement warranty.
Know your vehicle better
The vehicle in your garage can be as smart as your phone. Turn your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool and real-time performance monitor. The OBDCheck BLE directly plugs into your vehicle and connects to an OBD II App on your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth. Whenever you have a check engine light on or want to see how your car is performing, the OBDCheck BLE will be a very useful gadget for you.
Compatible with iOS & Android
Unlike normal Bluetooth adapters that only work with Android, the OBDCheck BLE also work with iOS devices via Bluetooth LE (no Bluetooth pairing is needed). It is also better than WiFi versions with much lower power consumption while allowing you to have access to internet for other apps via your cellular data without complex setting. You can also connect to the car Bluetooth at the same time.
Popular Compatible Third-party Apps (may require separate purchase from Google Play or App Store):
Torque Pro (Android only) - Popular vehicle performance, sensors and diagnostics tool.
OBD Fusion - Read DTCs & clear check engine light, create customized dashboards, estimate fuel economy, and much more, plus enhanced diagnostics & PID for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, Scion & Nissan vehicles.
CAR SCANNER ELM OBD2 - See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
GaragePro - Read and reset fault codes in engine, ABS, airbag, plus many advanced features for selected vehicles used by technicians & car enthusiasts. (check app page or contact developer for details)
BimmerCode – Coding your BMW or Mini made easy (2008+, not suitable for G series).
BimmerLink - Read trouble codes and display sensor values in real-time for BMW (2008+).
bimmer-tool (BTool, Android) - Read & clear fault codes, request DPF regeneration, read engine live data and much more in BMW cars (2008+).
Carista OBD2 - Diagnose and customize selected Audi, VW, Toyota, Lexus, BMW.
JScan OBD - Read diagnostic trouble codes and live data in all modules for selected Jeep/ Dodge vehicles.
DashCommand - check engine light diagnostics, turns your phone or tablet into an advanced display for your engine data, customizable gauges.
Dr. Prius - Examine the health of the High Voltage battery for Toyota/Lexus hybrid owners.
Harry's LapTimer - The advanced tool for car enthusiast.
1. It does not use WiFi to connect.
2. When using with iOS devices, no need to & do NOT pair with "VEEPEAK" from the iOS Bluetooth device list. Please start the app, make connection setting and connect from the app. If you have tried to pair (resulting in a Not Supported error), please restart your iOS device.
3. Many Android head units are NOT supported.
Powerful, Reliable yet Affordable Scan Tool
Check why the Check Engine Light is on
The OBDCheck BLE helps you read the error codes causing the check engine light to come on. You may then find out what the possible causes are and fix simple problems by yourself and reset the light, potentially saving you a trip to a garage and hundreds of dollars. When you need to bring your car to a mechanic, it also gives you a peace of mind.
Powerful scan tool and more
With the proper app, you can do more:
· View real-time sensor readings,
· Monitor fuel economy,
· Create your own dashboard,
· Know whether your vehicle is ready for smog check,
· On specific vehicles, you can even have advanced features like enhanced PIDs, diagnostics and coding (requires capable App),
· And more to discover!
Universal Vehicle Compatibility
Works with 1996 and newer cars, SUVs, MPVs, mini vans and light trucks sold in the United States. Vehicles in other regions may also be supported:
Australia – 2006 (gas), 2007 (diesel)
Brazil – 2007 (gas)
Canada – 1998
European Union – 2001 (gas), 2004 (diesel)
Mexico – 2006, etc.
Communication Method: Bluetooth LE for iOS, Classic Bluetooth for Android & Windows
Supported Devices: iOS with Bluetooth 4.0 or above, Android phone & tablet (Android car radios/head units may not be compatible), Windows, Mac
Operating Voltage: 9V~16V
Operating Current: Max 45mA
Operating Temperature: -40~185°F (-40~85°C)
Dimension: 1.61" x 1.97" x 0.87"
1 x Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Scanner
1 x Storage Pouch
1 x User Manual
Troubleshoot common problems
1. Have trouble connecting to your phone?
(1) For iPhone, remember NOT to connect VEEPEAK from the Bluetooth Settings. As it uses Bluetooth LE, pairing is not needed and instead it will lead to an error. You just start the app to connect and the Bluetooth connection will be made through the app.
- What if I have tried to connect through the Bluetooth Settings and VEEPEAK no longer shows up?
Please restart your iPhone and VEEPEAK will show up again.
(2) For Android phones, here are a few things to try:
- Turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on.
- Restart your phone. Turn off WiFi. Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices from your phone.
- Clear Bluetooth cache/storage: Settings – Apps (show system) – Bluetooth – Storage & Cache, clear and restart the phone.
(3) Pairs with Android phone but disconnects quickly.
If VEEPEAK is paired with your Android phone, but only shows as paired or previously connected, don’t worry, normally it’s still connected. You just start the app and select VEEPEAK as the Bluetooth device to connect.
2. App could not connect to the Veepeak device.
- Make sure the App is compatible.
- Correct App connection settings are made (see user manual).
- Remove the app and re-install it (especially you have a system update).
- Try with another app, for example Car Scanner ELM OBD2 (free).
3. Could not connect to the vehicle/ECU.
- Make sure vehicle is OBD2 compliant and the device is plugged in well (not too loose or tight).
- Ignition is turned ON (or start the engine to try).
- Try on another vehicle or with another App (for example Car Scanner ELM OBD2).
|Supports OBD-II Vehicles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with Android & Windows||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with iOS||✓||✓|
|Low Power Consumption||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Features||See compatible Apps||See compatible Apps||See compatible Apps||engine diagnostics, I/M readiness for smog check, battery test, live sensor data, etc.||engine diagnostics, live sensor data, I/M readiness for smog check, DTC lookup, etc.|
Payment & Security